Sunday, February 19, 2006
Redoing the kitchen floor
I ripped up our old linoleum floor and put down some Kronotex laminate that we got at Ocean State Job Lot for a few bucks a pack.
On Friday 17 Feb 12006 I spent a couple of hours figuring out how much work it would be to remove the linoleum (suprisingly little: it was probably the best bit of work I've seen done in this house, with minimal glue), and on Saturday 18 Feb 2006 I put in the new stuff while the kids & wife hid at her parents' house across town.
Saturday morning the kids were offered a chance to enjoy coloring on the floor in what I believe is a very, very dangerous precedent:

And again:

Once the family was gone, I took out my array of sophisticated tools, as seen here (i.e., putty knife, screwdrivers, etc.), and got to work on the demo:

Here's a bug's eye view of the old stuff:

And here's the proud but weary-kneed worker on the finished floor:

On Friday 17 Feb 12006 I spent a couple of hours figuring out how much work it would be to remove the linoleum (suprisingly little: it was probably the best bit of work I've seen done in this house, with minimal glue), and on Saturday 18 Feb 2006 I put in the new stuff while the kids & wife hid at her parents' house across town.
Saturday morning the kids were offered a chance to enjoy coloring on the floor in what I believe is a very, very dangerous precedent:

And again:

Once the family was gone, I took out my array of sophisticated tools, as seen here (i.e., putty knife, screwdrivers, etc.), and got to work on the demo:

Here's a bug's eye view of the old stuff:

And here's the proud but weary-kneed worker on the finished floor:

Comments:
<< Home
Looks fantastic! I'm impressed that you got it don so quickly.
I finally broke down and invested in knee-pads. Only $15 bucks, and highly recommended. I felt a bit 'old', though. Like wearing ear plugs at a rock show.
Post a Comment
I finally broke down and invested in knee-pads. Only $15 bucks, and highly recommended. I felt a bit 'old', though. Like wearing ear plugs at a rock show.
<< Home
