Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Grammy & Grandpa's Thanksgiving visit
My parents were in town for Thanksgiving, and we had a great time.
Thanksgiving day
Thanksgiving weekend doesn't lend itself to tourism, which is just as well: they had a ball just playing games with the kids and reading them stories.
Stories with Grammmy
And stories with Grandpa
They brought me a Bialetti Moka Express 6-cupp stovetop espresso pot, and I haven't run my old drip coffee-maker since. (Sorry, Duds!) In fact, I think we blew through a pound of coffee in just four or five days. [A little scary in retrospect.] My parents stayed with my in-laws, who are a devoutly decaf house, and so my dad was a little starved. After Mass on Thanksgiving day, we went home to collect things for the big day, and I covertly brewed half a travel mug of espresso for Dad.
We went to the library, but it was below freezing and the wind was pretty sharp:
Click for a bigger version.
The kids had a great time with their Grammy and Grandpa, and I really enjoyed spending time with them just chatting and drinking coffee. I can't wait 'til we see them again.
Thanksgiving dayThanksgiving weekend doesn't lend itself to tourism, which is just as well: they had a ball just playing games with the kids and reading them stories.
Stories with Grammmy
And stories with GrandpaThey brought me a Bialetti Moka Express 6-cupp stovetop espresso pot, and I haven't run my old drip coffee-maker since. (Sorry, Duds!) In fact, I think we blew through a pound of coffee in just four or five days. [A little scary in retrospect.] My parents stayed with my in-laws, who are a devoutly decaf house, and so my dad was a little starved. After Mass on Thanksgiving day, we went home to collect things for the big day, and I covertly brewed half a travel mug of espresso for Dad.
We went to the library, but it was below freezing and the wind was pretty sharp:
Click for a bigger version.The kids had a great time with their Grammy and Grandpa, and I really enjoyed spending time with them just chatting and drinking coffee. I can't wait 'til we see them again.