Friday, August 26, 2005
Yesterday I took a day off work and took dirt and rocks out of the yard. (Almost typed "out of the lawn" there by mistake!) I worked 8:00 to 6:00, with an hour for lunch and to assemble the new wheel-barrow that the wife & kids bought for me as an, uh, dirt-warming gift. It's a big improvement, too. I used both wheelbarrows side-by-side all afternoon, and realized something important: when you get hand-me-down tools, it's because most of this item wasn't disposable, perishable rubbish -- but parts of it _are_ perishable, like lubricants, and should be repalced. I wonder how much better the old wheelbarrow that my FiL gave us would have been if I'd oiled it and repaired the axle. Too late now, I suppose...
And man alive do my wrists and hands hurt. My only consolation is that I'm not a full-time landscaper working for someone else: feeling like this every day would be a real drag.
Anyway, this weekend we'll be raking up the remaining grass and clearing out the last of the stones (ha ha ha ha ha ha *sob*). Next week, we'll get the dirt delivered. And then the real fun starts!
And man alive do my wrists and hands hurt. My only consolation is that I'm not a full-time landscaper working for someone else: feeling like this every day would be a real drag.
Anyway, this weekend we'll be raking up the remaining grass and clearing out the last of the stones (ha ha ha ha ha ha *sob*). Next week, we'll get the dirt delivered. And then the real fun starts!