Saturday, August 13, 2005
We went to the lake, and the two big kids caught their first fish: (Thanks, Grandpa E!)


They also went to their first county fair, had their first real s'mores...

...and took their first car trips over 90 minutes:

The oldest went to a three-hour circus performance. Auntie Fun had them out to her place to swim in the enormous Childrens' Pool And Giant Play Yard. They got to pick out a souvenir, and Boy Number One selected a miniature coffee mug (though he only uses it for orange juice).
They were pretty good on the plane each way, and they were tolerant of the construction at Grandpa & Grammy's new house.

Best of all, I got to spend time with my family and friends. I went to a Twinkies game with dad and my brothers (fourth row off the field, a hair to the right of where the third base line would hit the stands); my sister had everyone over for dinner one night on about no notice at all; and two high school friends spent an evening on the porch having a Summit and complaining about schools and home owning.
My wonderful wife was very generous about watching the kids while I enjoyed myself, for which I am grateful.
But now, back to work!


They also went to their first county fair, had their first real s'mores...

...and took their first car trips over 90 minutes:

The oldest went to a three-hour circus performance. Auntie Fun had them out to her place to swim in the enormous Childrens' Pool And Giant Play Yard. They got to pick out a souvenir, and Boy Number One selected a miniature coffee mug (though he only uses it for orange juice).
They were pretty good on the plane each way, and they were tolerant of the construction at Grandpa & Grammy's new house.

Best of all, I got to spend time with my family and friends. I went to a Twinkies game with dad and my brothers (fourth row off the field, a hair to the right of where the third base line would hit the stands); my sister had everyone over for dinner one night on about no notice at all; and two high school friends spent an evening on the porch having a Summit and complaining about schools and home owning.
My wonderful wife was very generous about watching the kids while I enjoyed myself, for which I am grateful.
But now, back to work!