Wednesday, August 31, 2005

This morning was the first day of school for our oldest. Our first day at the bus stop, our first day saying good-bye, her first day of not looking back.

There were tears on her mom's face, but not too many: the bus was 15 minutes earlier than scheduled, so we missed the time we'd planned to spend taking pictures and sniffling. We were just ready to go out and wait when we looked out the window and saw a crowd of other parents & kids -- and flashing orange lights.

I didn't really take any movie footage because I was busy dragging the boys across the street with me. Fortunately, we got one picture standing in the street, one looking back over her shoulder on the bus steps, and a third one through the bus window. Let's hope they're good enough for the scrapbook because I don't think the bus driver will be too keen on a dramatic re-enactment this afternoon...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?